Monday, August 18, 2014

ME Watercolor + Birthday Challenge

Happy Monday! How was your weekend peeps? Saturday, I am so excited that I get to spend my day being crafty with Lisa Alonzo from Paper Moonpie. We live about half hour away from each other, yet most of the time we only  manage to get together once a year. Crazy, right? LOL, we keep saying we need to do it more often, but what can I say... life happens. :)

We had lots of fun catching up and being crafty. I actually finished a couple cards and half finished a couple more. Sunday, I was in chillin' mode. Hubby and I went to see The Expendables 3. Hah... What can I say I love the oldies! Every time I see Sylvester Stallone movie it makes me think of my dad. He loved action movies and many of the actors in The Expendables series were his favorites.

So, yeah, I see all 3 of The Expendables movies and I actually enjoyed them. Easy & fun entertainment. I finished each movie with a thought that my dad would have loved this. The rest of the day... good grief... I was a lazy bum! I had "Leverage" marathon and snuggling with the doggies all afternoon! 

Last week, I was busy creating though. So, I do have a card to share. I made this one for Mama Elephant Watercolor + Birthday challenge.

I made the background based on the faux watercolor stamping lesson from Online Card Classes Stretch Your Stamp 2. Pretty fun background, right?

Well, that's it for me for this Monday. Hope your week starts off wonderfully.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love the background! And it sounds like you had the perfect weekend. ;)

Ruby Craft said...

Definitely a pretty fun background, perfect for that big bold birthday greeting.

Anonymous said...

What a fun background and a fab card! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a wonderful card! Love your watercolor bg Vera! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mama Elephant and me this month, hugs, Karin

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...