Thursday, July 19, 2012

License To Drive

Last weekend, my niece, Maddy stopped by for a chat and I am reminded again and again how fast time flies. When I first met her, she was only 10 and shorter than me. Fast forward 5 years, she's of course much taller than me (which when she first pointed it out to me, I told her it's not that hard to do, since I am vertically challenge, hah!) and she's going to high school!!

My niece has good head on her shoulder. LOL, back when we had the big lottery going on and her dad asked what she would do with the money if she won, she said she'd use it to pay for her school tuition. I was like, this kid is amazing, what 15 years old would ever think that way? 

She's smart (she's in honor roll program), has amazing voice (she sang in the Houston Opera), and has a look like a model. And... she knows how to apply makeup properly. Which means it looks like a professional applied her make up and it still looks natural.

I am gushing about her, because I am so proud of her. And, I do love her to pieces. I know, it's still a year away before she'd get her own car, but I thought I prepared ahead for the occasion by making this fun card. :) Besides as she excitedly mention she got her learner's permit now.


This card is so much fun to make. I used transparency for the windshield. I used purple for the hearts since that's her favorite color. 


And, before I go, as you know I am trying for a second term with May Arts ribbon. On THIS blog post, they're showing all of the finalist creations including mine. Would you pretty please leave comment on the blog post to let them know that you'd like to me to stay for a second term? And just for doing this, you'll be entered for May Arts giveaway. You can see all the detail on the post. Thank you again for all your support & kind words.

13 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

This is so creative and super cute Vera! LOVE the hearts for headlight!!!

Kelly said...

love The LF pup in the car! Too cute!

Kara Lynne said...

How fun is that card!! She's going to love it (put it somewhere you won't lose it). Love that dog peeking up through the windshield.

Jean Martin said...

Eeep!! What an adorable shape card Vera! This is sooo cute! And that dog driving is just perfect! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooooo cute!!! Hope all is well.....

chillin with Quillin said...

sooo cute, love it!!!
Paula

JJ Bolton said...

Vera this card is so cute! Love that little doggie:) Sounds like your niece is a special girl:)

Brenda said...

Totally fun Vera! I really love the headlights!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable! I love that little dog. Your niece is sure to love it!

Nina Yang said...

Oh Vera, I am proud of your niece! Love the hearty headlights! When I saw the card in the gallery I thought it was a wedding card but was wondering why there was only one doggy in there. Now I know the full story! Thank you for joining our shaped card linking party. You are the best, you know? :)

Dana said...

Oh wow!!! This is so cute!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for linking this up to the Congratulations Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

cheiron said...

Adorable! Love the little pup in the car. Thank you for joining the blog hop!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...