Thursday, September 15, 2011

SOG Gifty Gwen

Good morning, lovely peeps! Today, I get to introduce you to Some Odd Girl newest girl, Gwen. The way Kristy described her, she's a curly hair girl with a fun vintage fair and a kooky attitude. :) 

We have 2 set being released this month featuring Gwen. The sneak peek for  the first set was shown yesterday at Some Odd Girl post HERE. And here's the 2nd set called Gifty Gwen.

                               

Isn't she a cutie? Now, this set is a Christmas set, but I just want to show you that she's very versatile and you can use her for non holiday card as well. I think my card below can be used for birthday or to thank a friends and tell them how you consider them as one of the greatest gift in life.

Challenges:
Papercraft Star - Anything Goes

Entering this card for Young Crafter United challenge as well.

                                   

When I work with Some Odd Girl stamps, I feel like they bring out the clean style in me. I just want the image to shine and keep everything else clean and simple. I colored Gwen with Copic and for some glitz, I added fine glitters to the hair pin and the belt with Sakura glitter pen.

Come back tomorrow and we will be showing you 2 of the big set. For this we will have a blog hop and of course a surprise giveaway. 

Also, just want to mention I have several new Penny Black stamps for sale at 20% below retail. Just click on the For Sale tab on  the top. Help me sell this, so I can turn around and buy more stamps, will you. Please help spread the word. As a bonus, if you tell  your friends and they make a purchase, you and your friends can get an additional 5% off. So, you will get the stamps at 25% off below retail. Just make sure your friends mention your name. Thank you so much for all your help.

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Love this card!

SuiLan said...

I love the simplicity of this card and how Gwen stands out. Yes Gwen is a cutie!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Vera! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous! I love the simple layout and the sweet sentiment. So glad you linked up for our first challenge at Young Crafters Unite!

Tracy said...

Hi Vera! Your card is just delightful. The color combo just pops. So glad you could join in the challenge this week at Papercraft Star!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Vera this is such a clean and simple card that is SO very beautiful! I love the white background as it makes the colors of Gwen pop! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
M

Chris_P said...

This is adorable!! I just love your card!

Marie said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors you've used =) Thank you so much for joining our first Young Crafters Unite challenge!

Paulina said...

This is darling, Vera! You did a great job with the coloring on this one! Thanks for joining in on the first YCU challenge!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...