Sunday, July 10, 2011

Skype Moment

Yesterday, I finally get to skype with my mom. Seriously, I don't know why we didn't get it set up sooner. It was so much fun to be able to talk to her and see her at the same time. LOL, and we're so dorky, we had to bring the dogs in for the chat as well. My mom has a pug as well and it was cute to see her online. Hah. :)

Now, that my mom all set up and know how to use skype we can chat and see each other more often. Yay!! Moment like that makes me so thankful for technology. I remember when I first moved to the States, besides phone call, our fastest way of communication was through fax. And phone call back then cost a fortune. Then we upgraded to email. And now besides email, we send text to each other for quick news and I can see her online eventhough she's on the other side of the world!

Now, as much as I love technology, I also appreciate low tech, like actual card instead of e-card. With that, let's share a card, shall we? I think Papertrey Ink Gracious Vases set is my favorite set for the moment. I just love the design of the set. I made my card for this Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger.


This inspiration card is by Tina Fussel straight from Stamp It! Cards magazine. I love the clean look of the card. For me, this card kind of contemporary and a bit retro at the same time.  For my card, I want to capture that clean and contemporary design and by rounding the corner of the strip and using the green tone colors for the vases, I am hoping that it also gives a bit of retro feeling to it.


Have you got Stamp It! Cards, yet? If not, you really should get it. So many fabulous and fun inspirations in there. I have mine marked with sticky notes all over the place. Well, hope you like the card and thank you for visiting.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, I LOVE your card!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Love your take on the TT! I really like your color scheme.

Wendy said...

Like it? I love it! Getting that stamp set is in my wish list. Love the way you use it.

chillin with Quillin said...

it's cute, love it!!!!
Paula

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Stephanie Muzzulin said...

Simply beautiful!!!!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...