Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Li'l Brother

First, let's start with the card, shall we? This week, A Day of Daisies releases a bunch of Asian inspired images and they're gorgeous. I made this card for the new challenge at ADFD, which is "black, white + one color". I've been drawn to red lately, so that's what I use for my extra color.


I really only use red to color the image. For glitters, I used stardust stickle and somehow it shows up as blue. I kind of like this challenge. :) I think the result is pretty fun. I hope you come and join us for the challenge. Tammy always provide a freebie with each new challenge, so check out the freebie for this challenge and check out the inspiration by the DT HERE.

And now... a birthday shout out to my li'l brother, Jerry. I always joke that he's my almost twin as he's only 11 months younger than me. Trust me, my mom was shocked and freaked out when she first found out she was pregnant with him. :)

But, our family wouldn't be complete without him. He's the clown and always know how to make people laugh. I am so proud of him and love him to pieces. Look at this cake from his sweetie. LOL, can you guess his profession?


So far, he has published 2 books. Here's a look of his book covers. The first book was about beauty, grace, power, and strength of women and he dedicated this book to my mom. The second book are collection of influential people in Indonesia in their most private room their bedroom and just by looking at the pic, you can guess what they're like or what their job or what's important for them. That's what I love about my brother's photography. When you look at the pictures he's taken, it represent something deeper. He has many fabulous underwater picture as well and you can check those HERE.
Happy birthday to my lil brother. May you alway be blessed. Have a fabulous day everyone!

2 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Love card Vera, that image is gorgeous and fits perfectly inside the doily :) Happy Birthday to you brother too, his photos are amazing!

Jerry said...

Yaaay, thanks so much Ling! Love ya!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...