Friday, December 17, 2010

Hi From Singapore / Jakarta

Hi all! I am editing the blog from Changi airport during transit. I do love Singapore airport. They're nice, safe, and many internet kiosk where you can use internet for free.

My flight was great. I did a movie marathon. I watched 3 movies on my way from houston to Moscow (Legend of the Guardian, Salt, and Inception). Then from Moscow to Houston I watched Despicable Me. Only one movie as my need for sleep finally catching up with me.

As this post goes up, I should already be in Jakarta and there could only be 2 options. Either I am able to stay awake and enjoying catching up with my mom, brother & SIL or I am passed out from jet lag. There's 13 hours difference between Houston & Jakarta, so it's quite an adjustment. When I am editing this it's 7AM, Singapore time. Feel pretty fresh & awake. can't wait to see my mom. A few hours later, I probably crash! :)

I already plan on having at least one day of pampering. Thank goodness that my aunt from my dad's side has a salon/spa place. So, I'll be taking advantage of getting some massage & pampering. I love, love Indonesian spa. One of the best out there. After jet lag, massage is definitely helpful. :)

Okay, today I have a couple projects to share. First one is a Christmas tag / tree ornaments I made using one of A Day For Daisies new releases called "Just Hanging Out" for their "Tag & Tassel" challenge. I started this as holiday tag, but it looks so adorable that I ended up hanging it on our Christmas tree. Can I say, that I love, love the way this one came out. :)


The tassel was made using baker's twine from The Twinery. Below is a closer look of the tag. Aren't those cubs the cutest? Love the one that lay on its back & snuggling on the mama's bear paw. Truly one of my favorite image from all the Christmas stamp I have. Go check out what the DT gals created using the new releases HERE and would love for you to join us on this fun challenge.


Here are the new releases and you can buy them at A Day For Daisies.


Next, is a card I made for Mami Doodles "Anything Goes" challenge using this sweet image "The Storyteller". Check out Mami Doodles DT creations HERE. With anything goes theme, you know how easy it is to enter your card.


Hope you enjoy your visit here and have a great Friday!!

12 comments:

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

wow... you'll be here in Jakarta soon???
cool!

AGohl said...

Adorable :)

Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

~amy~ said...

yahoooooooo...have a magnificent time!!!!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

welcome to Jakarta,Vera :)
hope you have wonderful time with your family and friends

PS: your tag is so cute :)

Lin said...

Enjoy this time with your family, Vera!!

Barb said...

Have a wonderful time, Vera!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip, be safe! Darling tassel tag and card! Happy Holidays to you!

Virginia L. said...

So sweet! Glad that you are making your way home! ENJOY!! I'm sure you will!

Anita Rex said...

You nailed the tag and tassel challenge! Hope you have a great trip, totally jealous of your day at the spa!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh Vera...glad to hear you are there safely! I think you will be a little too excited not to chat a catch up a bit! ;) Enjoy your spa treatment!

I love your projects...those polar bears are so darling! :)

Trinh said...

Cute tag & card, Vera! Hope you are having a wonderful time with your family!

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Vera, enjoy your holiday.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Jackie x

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...