Thursday, December 9, 2010

Birthday Card

Quick post for today. I was in the mood to make CAS card and want to make a card for Moxie Fab Card Creations Favorite Occasion Week Birthday Challenge. So, here's what I came up with.

Challenges:
Little Red Wagon - die cuts
Tuesday Throwdown - clean and simple
Allsorts - candle

I'm loving the white on white. The "birthday wishes" was cut using Silhouette. Then I colored all the little part of the "i", glued them directly to the card panel, then adhere the birthday wishes on top of it using pop-dots. Add stickles to the candle flame.

This week is my week off from Paper Play, but they do have new fun challenge and this week theme is "Holiday Tag". Go check out the DT creations HERE and hope you will play along with us.

And, don't forget you have till Friday midnight tomorrow to join Wee Memories Holiday Music Inspirations challenge! You all have a great Thursday! Hugs!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Love the white on white with the pop of color in the candle! Fun design, Vera!

Laurel said...

I love this!

~amy~ said...

wonderfully clean & crisp!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, love it! Great white on white! Makes the colorful candle stand out! Guess what girl? You won my tag! I need your addy please! :)

Avril Tanner said...

Such a cool use with the die cut - tone on tone! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Nancy said...

Beautiful...loving the white on white! Such a simple design with so much impact...fabulous!
blessings...

Mummylade said...

such a classy and elegant card! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week with your lovely work!

Ann said...

I am in LOVE with this card, Vera! Perfectly delightful in every way!

scotspanda said...

wow this is fab, so simple but stands out so well

thanks for joining in with our light up the night challenge at Allsorts

hugs

Amanda xx

Deborah Frings said...

I like the clarity and simplicity of this card. And the candle really pops!! Great!

Cristina said...

How AWESOME!!!! One the best cards I've seen lately.

Alice said...

wonderful white on white design. awesome card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week Birthday challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...