Monday, February 22, 2010

Hero Arts Flower challenge

The theme for Hero Arts February challenge is flower. I have this HA Flower Blossom set still brand spanking new on its package. I bought it almost a year ago to use it for my scrapbook page (saw the idea on the HA blog) because I really like 1 of the stamp and then of course, I never quite get to do that page, yet. Hah... I even contemplate of selling this stamp, thinking I'd never use it. That I only like 1 stamp from the whole set.

As I posted yesterday, I didn't really feel like I have my mojo, but I thought what the heck, might as well give this stamp set a try. And I ended up using this flower branch. I notice the hard thing when I start something without my mojo going, I tend to make mistake. After I stamped this flower, I was coloring it with my prisma color pencils and it kind of blend in some of the black ink. I was all frustrated and ready to just throw this card. But then, as usual, I feel bad about throwing away paper. :) Decided to use the old trick of covering up my mistake. I stamped the image again, this time on a pink dotted paper and cut the flowers out. 


And the placement of that butterfly that everyone said is awesome, pure incidents. I made another booboo on the leaves, so I thought hey, butterfly here you go. LOL. Love, how every mistake can be turn into opportunity. Also, I truly love PaperTrey Ink Signature Greeting set. It dressed up even the simplest card and it really become one of my favorite set.

Well, you guys have a wonderful Monday and crossed my fingers that hopefully today my new order from PTI will come in! Hugs, Vera.

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...