Monday, February 15, 2010

Celebration weekend

Hi everyone... How was your weekend, your Valentine, your New Year? My weekend start Friday evening with dinner with my girlfriend, Joy. Hubby cooked us a wonderful T-bone steak and we watched the Olympic opening. I thought they did pretty good job with the opening ceremony.

Then Saturday morning, we took my mom to the Houston Zoo. It was a bit on the cold side, which was a bummer as it is kind of hard to take your time walking around and enjoying the view when your ears feels like it's going to fall off. :) Then, in the evening we had wonderful Valentine's dinner with my in-laws. My brother-in-law is a chef at one of the Whole Food in town and they set up part of the store for dining just for Valentine. Menu??? Lobster and shrimp, surf and turf, or fillet. Can you say YUMMY?? And the dessert tray was a bunch of different dessert, including tiramisu, cheesecake, lemon pie, brownies, and chocolate covered strawberries.  It was to die for!! Thank you Mom & Dad for the wonderful treat!! :)

After dinner, we picked up my aunt and cousin who are visiting from Wyoming. Goodness, we stayed up till 1AM. We looked through my childhood scrapbook and just reminiscing. It was awesome. The next day, which is also Chinese New Year, we met up with all my cousins for a big Malaysian/Indonesian lunch. I just wish my brothers were here to celebrate with us. It would make it complete!

So, that's what happen on my side of the world. :) And this morning, I got a text that my girlfriend, Deb is about to have her baby. Her water broke and now I am waiting for the news!! This is the card that I made for her. The lady bug is digital image by Mindy Terawasa from Designers Digital. Greetings from Paper Trey Ink (which has a bunch of new stuff coming out today).



Well, this week is my last week with my mom. She'll be going home on Friday. I am already emotional. Sigh... I wish she lives in the States. I might not post as much this week as I want to spend as much time with her and I am guessing the water work (crying) will follow. To all that celebrate, I wish you all  the very best for this Tiger year and may this year be filled with blessing, good health, prosperity, and happiness for you.

Hugs,
Vera

No comments:

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...