Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A bit of history...

Scrapbooking and stamping are my passion. The times I spent doing these are so enjoyable. I always play with my pictures for as long as I can remember. In high school, I would cut it into different shapes and glue it to whatever cardstock available. I am always interested in pictures. I guess it runs in the family. My mom keep all our pictures organized in albums and she keep all the negatives, too, which I organized chronologically. Then, my younger brother is an amazing photographer. I think he started playing with my mom camera since he was a toddler. He takes wonderful, artistic images. You can check out his blog here. I will do a post on my brother soon, cause he's my inspiration.

After I moved to the States, my friend introduced me to Creative Memories and to Stampin Up!. Then for 5 years I taught scrapbooking and card making classes. I love teaching and sharing my ideas. Close to the end of 2003, I entered the designer team call from Simply Sentiments and to my excitement they chose me to join their first design team. For a year, I got to work with some very talented ladies and have my works published in the magazines. Now, I am making cards for myself and also for orders. I usually get orders from friends and family. I don't advertise, it all based from recommendation system.

I can honestly say stamping & scrapbooking are the 2 hobbies that I will love doing for the rest of my life. Both activities allow me to express myself and I feel so much joy in making them, in seeing people's reaction when they see or receive them. My brother told me I should gone to design school and I really wish I had listen to him. :)

So, that's a bit of history of how I got into these fun hobbies. Sure hope that my cards will continue bringing joy and happiness to others. Speaking of bringing joy, how about a bright, cheerful card that for sure will brighten someone's day...


I posted this card on my flickr account and seems like it's one of the card that get viewed quite a bit. The stamp is from Hampton Art (love this birdie stamp), cardstock from Bazzill, and the greeting is from Hero Arts "Thoughtful Messages" set. It didn't show too well on the picture, but the birds wings has some pearl accents and outlined with stickles.

Please let me know what you think of the card. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Vera

1 comment:

Monika Reeck said...

Cute and lovely color Vera..love your idea of the edge too...

please take a look at my blog... I've got a little surprise for you :)

Selamat akhir pekan...hugs

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...